The Selection Panel lead by Rwanda National Commission for UNESCO has reviewed 7 Projects that were submitted for further evaluation. All 7 applications were made by NGO’s. According to the IFCD guidelines 2 projects from NGO’s and 2 projects from public authorities shall be pre-selected by the National Commissions.
We elaborated the following order of projects by evaluating the
. Relevance/appropriateness of the project to the objectives and areas of intervention of the IFCD,
. Financial management and accountability
. Impact and expected results
1. Rwanda Creative Sector National Action Plan for Arts and Culture Ishyo
2. Growing Arts from the Grassroots Ubumuntu Arts Organization
3. Building a resilient Rwandan Cultural Crafts Industry RWAFAT (Rwandan Forum for Alternative Trade)
4. Fonctionnalisation d’un Incubateur Culturel à Kigali Rwanda Arts Initiative
5. Renforcement des capacités et création d’une micro-industrie de peinture au Rwanda ARPC (Association Rwandais pour la promotion de la culture)
6. Cultural Complementarity Promotion through Women Integration in Cultural and Creative Businesses Development Prosperity Rwanda
7. Formation-Action-Production Basée sur la Culture en Vue du Progrès Durable
Rwanda Cultural Health Center (RCHC
All eligible funding requests will be evaluated by an international panel of experts from UNESCO’s five regions. Final recommendations of the Panel of Experts will be communicated to the Intergovernmental Committee of the 2005 Convention, which will make the final decision on those applications to receive funding from the IFC.